The course is structured to prepare students to function competently as registered nurses in various healthcare settings. The graduate will assess, manage and prevent problems related to health and illness in individuals and their families.
The course is designed to develop nurses who are committed to excellence in the care they provide, and to their continuing professional development. Graduates will be equipped to:
- apply the knowledge gained in nursing,biological and behavioural sciences to nursing practice;
- provide safe and competent care in various healthcare settings;
- use a problem-solving approach to provide holistic and individualized nursing care;
- use communication skills to establish and maintain effective helping relationships; and
- pursue ongoing educational and professional development.
Minimum 5 credits in Mathematics, 2 Science subjects and 2 other subjects. At least pass in English.
Other qualifications will also be considered, however, it is subject to the approval by the Programme Director.
YEAR 1 - SEMESTER 1 & 2
Fundamentals of Nursing and Critical Thinking
Communication and Safety in Healthcare
Family and Community Health
Women and Children Health
Psychosocial Perspectives 1
Human Bioscience 1A
Human Bioscience 1B
Nursing Laboratory 1A
Nursing Laboratory 1B and Health Assessment
Nursing Practice 1
YEAR 2 - SEMESTER 1 & 2
Adult Nursing 1
Adult Nursing 2
Mental Health Nursing
Professional Nursing Practice and Health Education
Statistics and Evidence-Based Practice
Human Bioscience 2
Psychosocial Perspectives 2
Nursing Laboratory 2A
Nursing Laboratory 2B
Nursing Practice 2A
Nursing Practice 2B
YEAR 3 - SEMESTER 1 & 2
Adult Nursing 3
Management and Leadership
Eldercare and Care Transition
Nursing Laboratory 3
Nursing Practice 3A
Nursing Practice 3B
Nursing Practice 3C
All of the course material is delivered by staff from the Bedong Medical College.