Foundation for Chemistry is special designed for students whose qualifications do not allow direct entry on to one of our honours chemistry degree programmes.
This course will be attractive to:
- Students whose A-level qualifications are incompatible (either in respect of grades or subjects) with the normal entrance requirements of our honours degree programmes;
- Students with alternative qualifications such as Access to Higher Education and BTEC diplomas;
- Mature students who may wish to undertake a period of retraining before embarking on one of our honours degree programmes;
- Offers will depend on your previous study. Required subject - Chemistry.
March, August and December
Each year contains 120 credits of taught material, delivered in modules that are typically worth 10 or 20 credits.
The programme comprises:
- 70 credits of Chemistry Core Theory (covering organic, inorganic and physical chemistry and spectroscopy)
- 10 credits of Practical Chemistry
- 10 credits of Mathematics and Data Handling
- 20 credits of Computer Science
- 10 credits on Science and Engineering Skills covering researching information, presentation skills, essay writing and IT skills.
All of the course material is delivered by staff from the Bedong Medical College